Universal Forest Products Maintenance Mechanic in Windsor, Colorado
The Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance on machinery, equipment, and tools, and assists other members of the Maintenance Department in various machine/building repairs.
Works under immediate supervision; relies on specific direction and instructions.
- Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
- Assists in repair of woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Orders supplies and parts as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintains records of repair and maintenance activities.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- If assigned to Treating Department, performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled