MillerCoors Sr. Process Leader - Glass in Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Sr. Process Leader - Glass
Date: Oct 21, 2020
Wheat Ridge, CO, US
Requisition ID: 11972
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Sr. Process Leader – Batch and Furnace working in Wheat Ridge, CO, you will be part of Rocky Mountain Bottle Company (RMBC). You will lead, coach, and supervise salaried and hourly personnel engaged in all phases of the plant’s batch and furnace operation. You will leverage World Class Supply Chain 2.0 principles and best work practices which contribute to world class standards of operation through monitoring and evaluating Safety, People, Quality, Service, Cost, and Sustainability (SPQSCS) to continuously improve performance.
This position reports to the Plant Superintendent and works closely with Process Leaders, Line Leaders and interacts with other Owens-Illinois facilities to share best practices and design to produce glass containers at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency.
• Your team will be responsible for unloading, storing, mixing, conveying and melting of all batch materials
• Maintaining and repairing batch and furnace equipment and coordinating furnace rebuilds
• Provide direct supervision and leadership of the furnace operations, batch mixing and batch delivery systems through the most efficient use of manpower, equipment and energy to provide
• Build and develop a team of technicians in the areas of technical and leadership capability
• Develop team members to lead, manage, and make sound decisions in all performance aspects of day-to-day operations
• Responsible for technical competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the overall performance for the batching and furnace operations
• Provide basic scheduling and technical support during common preventative maintenance activities including expendable refractory replacement, combustion filter replacement, burner maintenance, and mechanism replacement
The Other Qualifications:
• Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
• You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
• You have at least 10 years of experience in the Batch and Furnace area of a glass manufacturing facility or related field
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic, Chemical, Materials Science or related Engineering field
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
• You have at least 3 years’ prior experience in a leadership role within manufacturing operations
• You are able to analyze data and recognize detrimental trends that could impact the company through increased costs, potential regulatory issues, or risk management impact
• You exhibit the flexibility needed to respond to frequent changes in production requirements and/or systems and equipment failures
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
• As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
• We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
• Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
• You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
• Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
• Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and other benefits
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Apply now »