Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Sr. Layout & Packaging Engineer (665281) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Sr. Layout and Packaging Engineer
What You'll Do:
- Interpret customer specifications and requirements to develop program plans/schedules, cost and man power estimates. Prepare proposals and provide technical support for new business areas.
- Develop CAD models of ruggedized electronics designs and generate ICD’s, detailed and assembly drawings.
- Develop product structures and manage long lead procurements.
- Schematic capture, component placement, trace routing and documentation.
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Structural and Thermal Analysts, Materials and Process Control, PWB Fabrication and PWA manufacturing.
- Value Stream Mapping activities relating to key improvement areas such as – lead forming process, automate loading of ECAD output files to drive manufacturing equipment, heat sink process, rapid prototyping support infrastructure
- Involved with integration of new assembly equipment
- Mentor team members to develop new talent
- Responsible for meeting cost, schedule and technical requirements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of relevant experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience/proficiency in numerous areas below:
- CAD tools: Solidworks, Pro-E, SDRC I-Deas, AutoCAD
- Agile PDM tool.
- Military specifications and standards.
- HDI technology relating to PCBs desirable.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Spacecraft cable and wire harness design.
- Advanced packaging technologies, BGA's COTS, and MCM's.
- Mentor Expedition or Cadence Allegro ECAD software.
- MS Office tools and Mentor Graphics/Cadence Allegro PCB Design and schematic capture tools, Gerbtool and AutoCAD.
- MIL-STD and IPC specifications.
- ECAD library creation and programming skills.
- Signal integrity issues, current carrying capabilities, blind and buried via, imbedded passives, microvia and HDI requirements are a must.
- Strong oral and written communicative skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Sr. Layout & Packaging Engineer (665281)
Job ID: 665281
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time