Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Sr. Electrical Engineer - Digital Design (664573) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Sr. Electrical Engineer - Digital Design
What You’ll Do:
- Apply innovative design techniques to create defense-oriented, cutting-edge electronic systems.
- Design digital hardware including FPGA development. Assignments will include schematic capture of high speed digital systems.
- Verify functionality of high-speed (Gigahertz+) interfaces on designs.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong circuit design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Experience in signal and power integrity analysis of digital/FPGA designs.
- Experience with design, analysis, and layout of PCBs with high-speed digital line rates of 1+Gb/s is a plus.
- Experience in developing specifications, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Familiarity with PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Infiniband is a plus.
- Familiarity with OrCAD CIS for schematic design is a plus
- Expertise with Hyperlynx for signal integrity analysis is a plus
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Digital system partitioning and function implementation in FPGAs and simulation is a plus.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and SoCs, Vivado, and multi-gigabit transceivers is a plus.
- Designing for tactical environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer - Digital Design (664573)
Job ID: 664573
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time