Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Electrical Project Engineer (665285) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Electrical Project Engineer
The Senior Electrical Project Engineer will lead a team of Electrical Systems, Electrical Design, Mechanical Packaging, Parts & Reliability, Radiation, and Production Engineers, as well as interface with support teams, functional management, and program management in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of space-based electronics subsystems for cutting-edge bus and instrument programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross functional teams within an engineering environment.
- Responsible for electrical system cost, schedule, and technical scope, as well as working with IPT & program management and functional management to ensure staffing needs are identified and filled.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Manage complex electronics development and production subcontracts
- Support new business proposal opportunities.
- Work on projects that include high reliability electronics for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space applications.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated successful management of electronics development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools and practices, including developing and controlling program schedules and budgets with MS Project and earned value management, risk & opportunity management, scope change management, resource management, subcontract program management, etc.
- Expertise leading cross functional teams, ability to partition and status work packages and tasks, as well as provide technical guidance and decision-making.
- Hands on experience in space flight electronics design, fabrication, and test.
- Experience managing all aspects of electrical engineering projects from proposal through delivery.
- Able to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, conflict management and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” electronic programs and radiation-hardened environments to include knowledge of EEE parts for space flight applications and detailed understanding of associated screening and qualification processes.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Up to 10% travel to customer and supplier sites, trade shows, and other related travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Project Engineer (665285)
Job ID: 665285
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time