Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager Associate - RF (664593) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Manager Associate
What You'll Do:
- Plan and oversee tactical product development projects.
- Inform appropriate leadership of project status and milestones.
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery of in-house and customer presentations.
- Use company tools and processes to facilitate the execution of projects.
- Incorporate knowledge from subject matter experts to suggest activities that keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Monitor and advise management of status on and guide progress of cost and schedule.
- Manage the identification and execution of risk mitigation and opportunity capture on multiple projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Experience in cost estimating and cost estimating tools used at Ball Aerospace.
- Experience monitoring supplier activity and identifying and executing critical tasks.
- Familiarity with the life cycle of antenna and antenna system development from technical readiness level (TRL) 1 to TRL 8 including initial design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in different technology areas.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office and MS Project to manage and communicate on project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a schedule and manage a team's execution to meet that schedule.
- A current security clearance is preffered.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Manager Associate - RF (664593)
Job ID: 664593
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time