Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal EEE Parts Engineer (665389) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Principal EEE Parts Engineer
What you´ll do:
- Lead and/or work with Parts, Radiation, and Reliability Engineers to support Design teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of other EEE Parts Engineers to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Perform Parts Engineering functions on complex space programs using industry proven techniques and principles.
- Lead Parts Control Board discussions with customers.
- Evaluate EEE parts against program requirements (e.g. Screening, Qualification, and DPA).
- Assist Design Engineering and Supply Chain Management with part and vendor selections.
- Create detailed part drawings to meet program requirements.
- Leverage use of company standard parts library across program and product classes.
- Maintain Program Approved Parts Lists (PAPL’s).
- Generate Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR’s).
- Perform data reviews as needed.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis and anomaly results.
- Review GIDEP Advisories and Alerts to determine program impact.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with connectors, contacts, dielectric materials and material finishes is required.
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices and standards across a range of applications related to electrical connectors, contacts and wire for spaceflight applications including MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-55302, MIL-DTL-83513, MIL-DTL-32234, MIL-PRF-39012, MIL-C-28859 and GSFC S-311 specifications.
- Knowledge of cable assembly testing and cryogenic constraints is preferred.
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain one is required; TS/SCI is preferred.
- Knowledge of TOR-level requirements is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
This position is eligible for a Hiring Incentive of a minimum of $15,000 for external hires only.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Principal EEE Parts Engineer (665389)
Job ID: 665389
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time