Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Supplier Quality and Analytics in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
This position develops and implements a supplier quality program. They have the responsibility for coordinating and maintaining overall quality metrics.
- Develop and conduct risk based auditing for suppliers to assure compliance to Quality and Food Safety and Regulatory requirements.
- Request and review supplier documentation (Supplier Questionnaires, CoC’s, , Specifications, 3rd party certification documents)
- Lead and influence the supply base continous improvement efforts.
- Partner with Engineering to develop material specifications.
- Partner with Procurement to establish supplier expectations (scorecard).
- Partner with suppliers to foster continuous improvement.
- Establish sampling and testing protocols for those raw materials that pose a risk to production
- Development of manufacturing and testing equipment requirements for acceptance and approval
- Implement and or strengthen programs used to identify, track, and resolve supplier nonconformance issues and clearly communicate expectations to such suppliers.
- Stay current with the latest regulatory guidelines for suppliers.
- Partner with production locations to determine root cause and implementation of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Partner with other functions to develop, enhance and maintain corporate and site quality measurements and critical analytical skills
- Leads and manages direct reports
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: 5 years knowledge and experience with supplier quality such as ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000
- Self-Motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner
50% of travel
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, Supplier Quality and Analytics
Job ID: 664375
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time