Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Manufacturing (664470) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Manufacturing Engineer II
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer II support Tactical RF aperture and electronic products in an aerospace environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for RF tactical hardware in a transition-to-production and / or production work cell environment.
- Ensure design producibility. Refine, modify, or provide input into applications, processes, and devices as required to meet manufacturing and test requirements. Analyze statistical data, evaluate and implement improvements to meet contract/schedule/quality requirements.
- Provide hands-on support for product and process development as part of a development team.
- Assume ownership for manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones
- Actively participate in continuous improvement (Lean and 6-Sigma) projects including Kaisen events and simulation / modeling activities.
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program issues using data- based root cause analysis; diligently applies firm corrective actions.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and “best value” performance. Establish personal objectives; set expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to Quality Business System (QBS) and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness. Implement engineering changes and incorporate corrective action.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing build instructions.
- Maintain and control production tooling in accordance with QBS requirements. Design and / or communicate tool design needs to tool design engineers.
- Contribute to and / or present technical data in support of technical exchange meetings, design reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, and program status reviews with program managers and customers.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including design development/test engineering, quality assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal / external customers.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with QBS requirements.
- Understand and competently use in-house business systems including Manufacturing Execution System, manufacturing shop floor control, internal status reporting, and product data management system.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Manufacturing (664470)
Job ID: 664470
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time