Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineering Manager I - Parts, Radiation and Reliability (664545) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Electrical Engineering Manager I - Parts, Radiation and Reliability
What you’ll do:
- Manage staffing, hiring, talent development and execution needs for all Electrical Engineering Parts, Radiation, and Reliability personnel for space, air, and ground applications.
- Support candidate recruiting with Talent Acquisition to include: interviewing and hiring, assignment of appropriate staff to programs, conducting performance assessments, supporting salary reviews, supporting recognition programs, and ensuring group has the appropriate processes in place to meet needs of programs and compliance with approved standards.
- Anticipate and ensure talent and skill mix of the group are in sync with the needs of programs and new business development organizations.
- Develop and improve all processes related to Parts, Radiation, and Reliability – with a focus on minimize impacts to programs (cost and schedule); utilize Parts Project Managers to assist with maximizing performance and efficiency.
- Provide direction to group/team leaders and sub leads within the group.
- Support program execution and new business solutions leads within the Electrical Solutions organization.
- Propose, lead and direct affordability initiatives at Organization, Operational and Discipline level with focus on providing the "lowest cost and technically acceptable solution" paradigm.
- May work part-time providing direct support to programs.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional, cross discipline and matrix organizations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you’ll need: *
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self-starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Relevant work experience with end-to-end electronics development and production.
- Experience with component engineering aspects for space, military, tactical and commercial needs with focus on "reuse", "standardization" and "built-in quality" at various levels of hardware/product development, procurement and fabrication.
- Working knowledge of electrical hardware quality principles for space and ground applications.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines and organizations.
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Manager I - Parts, Radiation and Reliability (664545)
Job ID: 664545
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time