Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer I - Reliability (664565) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Electrical Engineer I – Reliability
What you´ll do:
- Perform Reliability Engineering functions on complex programs using proven industry techniques and principles.
- Perform reliability analysis for in-house and subcontracted electronics:
- Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA / WCA) to ensure electrical circuit function over worst case tolerances, mission duration, thermal and radiation environment.
- Electrical Parts Stress Analysis (PSA) to increase component lifetime by the reduction of applied stress.
- Failure Mode Effects and Criticality (FMECA) to identify and mitigate single point failures.
- Reliability predictions to assess compliance to numerical reliability requirements.
- Limited Life Analysis (LLA) to ensure components meet mission life requirements.
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) to assess system failure modes.
- Develop, maintain, and maximize company standard parts library usage across programs & product class.
- Leverage and maximize company standard parts library usage across programs & product class.
- Assist Design Engineering with part and vendor selections especially w.r.t to part level reliability attributes.
- Interface with customer in Reliability WG meetings to approve reliability analysis.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis results and anomaly results.
- Lead Reliability Engineering effort on aerospace programs:
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide low cost solutions, requirements allocation, Basis of Estimate generation, trade space evaluations for systems of systems, and associated contract and other deliverables.
- Support design teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts.
- Translate customer requirements into internal procedures through the construction of a plan, based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO processes.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of other component engineers to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in reliability engineering discipline.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Expertise/experience with connectors preferred.
- Collaborative experience with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with engineering management.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I - Reliability (664565)
Job ID: 664565
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time