Air Comm Corporation Designer in Westminster, Colorado
Air Comm Corporation has an immediate opening for an experienced Designer to work from our Westminster office. We need a creative and aggressive Designer who isn’t afraid of high profile projects, and is comfortable being accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities. This position will interface daily with our team of experienced, first-rate, hard-charging Project Engineers in a high-energy environment. Candidate must possess the ability to work with others on all levels in order to develop clear technical specifications that meet requirements/regulations and are easily understood by the intended users. Candidate may interface with OEM personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment.
• Providing Engineering support (CAD modeling, design, drafting, vendor liaison) for product improvement programs.
• Producing conceptual models and technical illustrations for proposals.
• Implementing design changes to existing product lines to optimize performance, manufacturability, and cost.
• Checking drawings produced by others
• Assisting with engineering document control
• Providing Engineering support for manufacturing activities.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, or other applicable Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
• Strong mechanical background with direct experience in complex parametric 3D modeling.
• Minimum 5 years with mechanical design/drafting experience.
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with tolerances and engineering standards to ASME Y14.5-2009.
• Minimum 3 years Solid Works and EPDM experience.
• Minimum 3 years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation related.
• Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
In accordance with U.S. export control laws, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to U.S.- origin controlled technology. To comply with these requirements, Air Comm may require employees to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (“green card holder”), an asylee, refugee or other protected person.