Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Certified Process Instructor-Process Control Engineering (663612) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technical Specialist Senior – Process Control Engineering
What you'll do:
- Provide advanced certification instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques including Printed Circuit Board Polymerics use and application to NASA-STD-8739.1, Electronics and Cable assembly to IPC – J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, IPC-A-610 & IPC/WHMA-A-620; to other employees.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures essential to departmental compliance and high hardware quality.
- Maintain certification schedule, rosters, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Solder/de-solder surface mount and through-hole electronic components to Printed Circuit Boards.
- Mix and apply chemical and bonding agents to circuit boards.
- Perform visual inspection processes.
- Support anomaly resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups or seminars and be recognized by industry experts, suppliers, and customers.
- Regular communication and interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal and external auditors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 16 or more years of related experience or a related two-year technical degree and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 2 years of experience in certification instruction. At least 1 year experience in IPC certification instruction is preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate in written and oral presentations is required.
- Ability to present technical information in front of large groups (>20 people).
- Certification to IPC standards as a certified trainer is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Certified Process Instructor-Process Control Engineering (663612)
Job ID: 663612
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time