Ingersoll Rand Technical Product Support Engineer in PUEBLO, Colorado
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Air-Cooled / Water-cooled Chiller Technical Product Support Engineer provides consistent, reliable and accurate in-depth technical, application, pricing, customer partial-specification review and complaint resolution support to the field sales organization (Customers, Inside Sales, Account Managers, and Field Leadership). The position applies good oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate with customers and Trane personnel to request/provide information and relay data to others.
- Provide technical and marketing/sales support to the Trane field selling organization within agreed-upon time frame including: phone/email support, direct customer interaction, new product development, literature preparation, and hosting/participating in customer visits/witnessed tests.
- Travel to sales offices, corporate events, and customer sites in support of Pueblo-built chillers, including formal presentations, individual discussions, and support of trade-shows.
- Price and cost equipment on projects coordinated at headquarters consistent with established policies. Assist the field in developing bid strategies and optimizing the product bill of material.
- Understanding competitors' products and strategies. Be capable of effectively communicating this information with the field, department, and other functional areas.
- Interact with all other functional areas to provide customer support and achieve premier customer service and overall business objectives.
- Participate in creative thinking, team decision-making and problem solving with people from all parts of the organization.
- Answer or find answers to marketing/technical/systems/applications questions when requested by peers and internal & external customers.
- Handle all details of assigned projects from inception to completion within mutually agreed-upon timeframes.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of promotional and technical materials.
- Support a professional field and customer focused environment, with measurements in place to track performance and improve the process.
- Position can require travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is required.
- At least 2 years of engineering work experience is preferred.
- Previous sales or marketing experience is helpful.
- Tactfulness and assertiveness; must be effective and clear decision-maker under pressure situations; able to deal effectively with field (customers, sales assistants and sales engineers) and internal customers.
- Aggressive, success-oriented, self-starter and able to manage time and priorities in order to meet specific goals and objectives.
- Highly developed and demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and team-player skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- PC and end user computer use (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, and LYNX/TOPSS).
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: PUEBLO-Colorado
Job: Customer Service
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 15, 2018, 10:02:15 AM