POWDR Lift Operations Supervisor in Nederland, Colorado
Lift Operations Supervisor will report to and work directly with the Lift Operations Manager. The Lift Operations Supervisor is responsible for planning and oversight of day-to-day operations in the Lift Department. Ensures the safe and efficient operation of all of Eldora's ski lifts. Hires, trains and supervises lift operations and ticket checking staff.
- Train and supervise lift operators and ticket checkers
- Oversee all daily operations of the lift
- Assist lift operators in the morning, pre-operational setup of all lifts, including snow removal, ramp maintenance, setting up the lift line mazes
- Ensure that all morning pre-operational checks are completed properly
- Ensure all shut-down procedures are followed to ensure passengers are not left on lift and that lift is ready to operate the following morning.
- Transport lift operators to top stations of lifts
- Ensure compliance with ANSI B77 standards, Colorado Passenger Tramway rules and regulations and all Eldora policies and procedures. Identify problem areas (signs not visible, ropes not in place, potential hazards, etc.) and rectify them as soon as possible
- Assist in the maintenance of lift load and unload ramps throughout the day
- Oversee payroll system, assist in resolving any payroll issues
- Communicate any variations from normal lift operating schedule (wind hold, delayed opening, etc.) to Ski Patrol, Guest Services and management team immediately
- Take charge of communication during a lift down-time situation
- Print, file and ensure proper completion of daily operations logs
- Fill out incident reports and investigate any lift-related incidents
- Assist Lift Maintenance staff to ensure reliable operation of lifts
- Handle and respond to customer complaints
- Ensure cleanliness of lift buildings and other work areas
- Perform all tasks of a Lift Operator or Ticket Checker as needed
- Work in different departments resort-wide as needed
- Provide supervision and leadership to lift operations staff
- Inventory control (equipment, uniforms, tools, etc)
- Training in regards to lift operations and maintenance of lift log books.
- Completion of lift operations payroll through the supervision of time cards, hand scans, schedules, and attendance, as well as manual data entry into payroll system, editing and approval of hours worked
- Writing of weekly schedule for lift operators and leads, consisting of days off, and assigned lifts, to meet budget and operations targets
- Helping employees with payroll, scheduling, and other work related issues
- Coaching, counseling and implementing corrective behavioral action plans
- Ordering and receiving lift operations products
- Training of lift operators and leads, daily supervision of all lifts and their timely, safe, efficient, and correct operation
- Training operators and leads in the correct use of ticket scanning equipment, as well as the supervision of scanning operations throughout the day
- Take on lead role of lift operations department on manager's days off.
- Ability to work early race training and night programs, also the ability to lead early morning snow removal
- Ability to work a minimum of five days per week, including all weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude, self starter, and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled