LPR Construction Industrial Estimator in Loveland, Colorado
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to interpret and explain construction drawings and related documentation.
- Study project RFP, specifications, and schedules to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Perform detailed and accurate quantity take-offs
- Attend pre-bid meetings as required.
- Preparation/submittal of proposals.
- Maintain historical data for comparisons / analysis
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of commercial steel erection and/or industrial estimating including mechanical equipment installation, process piping and structural concrete
- Maintain working knowledge of estimating software, spreadsheets, scheduling, and word programs.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Coordinate proposal schedule generation and support departments with detailed project schedules.
- Assist in training of other staff members
- Coordinate with Human Resources in obtaining wage and labor availability surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Is consistently aligned with the organization’s core values:
- Committed to Safety
- We Over Me
- Competitive Spirit
- Do What You Say
- Be Part of the Solution
- Driven to Learn and Share Knowledge
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office –Excel, Outlook, Word), On-Screen Takeoff, MC2, ability to learn new software i.e. Viewpoint, Construction Imaging (CIS)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work under deadline pressure
- Valid drivers’ license (with driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier) and ability to travel to/from and between projects.
- College level training and/or equivalent in field experience.
- High school graduate, Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
5-10 years’ experience in the construction industry, preferably commercial steel erection and/or
Tracking Code: 785-573
Job Location: Loveland, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular