Danaher Corporation Field Service Technician, Sr. - Hach - Loveland in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Under general direction, the primary role of this position is to perform startup, calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair of process and laboratory instrumentation at municipal and commercial customer sites. Additionally, this position actively promotes the growth of the territory through face-to-face customer service and sales lead generation. This position serves as the face of Hach during customer interactions and site visits, and is expected to deliver exemplary customer service to our external customers in collaboration with in-house support teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize established company guidelines and standard work to perform onsite start-up, preventive maintenance, routine repair, and calibration/verification of instrumentation.
- Serve as onsite customer contact for technical and service-related activities.
- Utilize problem solving to diagnose and complete non-routine instrument repairs.
- Instruct customers in proper preventive maintenance and operation of instrumentation.
- Submit prompt, accurate service reports utilized as proof of service for regulatory agencies, and which affect billing and parts inventory.
- Follow environmental, health, and safe-work policies of both Hach and the customer.
- When possible, utilize the Knowledge Base and other technical resources to answer technical and procedural concerns.
- Identify new service contract and instrumentation sales opportunities, and transfer related information to the sales channel.
- Support customers and other Field Service Technicians with technical and procedural guidance, training, and expert knowledge.
- Team with other division staff to meet personal, regional, and national objectives.
- Involve the supervisor or product expert when encountering new and challenging or complex problems.
- Accurately track and categorize time on a daily basis utilizing established tools.
- Accurately complete expense reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate parts inventory utilizing reports, and participate in both formal annual counts and informal mid-year counts.
- Ensure lean parts inventory levels while maintaining on-time service delivery standards.
- Collaborate with the dispatch team for efficient and effective job routing.
- Travel as necessary for completion of job duties utilizing company vehicles and air transportation, including frequent overnight stays.
Ability to travel 75%.
/Mandatory overtime may be required as business needs dictate, and as such flexible scheduling is required of associates in this position./
- BA/BS/AAS technical degree preferred, or applicable experience.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities, preferably with startup, calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair of instrumentation.
- Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office products.
- Two years or more demonstrated field work experience desirable.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exemplary customer service.
Proven ability to follow standard work, problem solve and drive results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, including above the shoulders and below the waist. The employee is constantly required to sit, including for the purposes of driving up to 12 hours in a day. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel, lift or operate objects, and use computer keyboards. Fine dexterity for manipulating small objects required. The employee is constantly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, climb/descend stairs, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and see, talk, hear, and smell. The employee is constantly required to stand on variable work surfaces.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 70 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment for this position is primarily field service with occasional office activities. Outdoor activity is common in variable and seasonal weather conditions, including variable precipitation and temperatures.
- Administrative duties will frequently be completed at the customer site, including within a vehicle or outdoors.
- The field service activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g., lifting/carrying of materials) occurs. Customer site environments may include but will not be limited to municipal drinking and wastewater treatment, power production, beverage, chemical and petrochemical refining, food production, light and heavy industrial, pharmaceutical, medical, semiconductor, and general manufacturing.
- Weather conditions will vary and include all types of weather.
- Employee will work on variable surfaces including industrial grating, concrete, rock, dirt, sod, and other manmade and natural surfaces.
- Frequent overnight travel monitored by vehicle GPS.
- Random Drug/ Other testing which may be required to meet customer site access requirements.
Strict adherence to proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field, which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective ESD smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, fire resistant coveralls, or face shields.
/The duties, physical demands, and work environment listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change./
Hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical and physical capacity testing, and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005991