Oracle Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Enterprise Architect | Public Sector S&L Western US in Louisville, Colorado
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Enterprise Architect | Public Sector S&L Western US
/This is a remote based role in the Western US open to PST or MST based candidates who are able to travel if needed to customer sites located in the US West/
Your mission is to work with Oracle Public Sector State & Local customers to architect and help them realize value for their business needs for on premise/hosted cloud environments, migration strategies to move their environments to Oracle Technology both on-premise and to the cloud, and to develop their next generation solutions on the Oracle Public Cloud. In this role you will be responsible for working closely with Oracle Sales to develop new business as well as position Oracle Solutions to solve complex problems within the State and Local market. You will work with internal business development strategists, Product Management and Development to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Oracle technology and Cloud services. You will serve as the primary point of contact for Oracle technology solutions for your customers including Oracle Database, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle’s IaaS and PaaS Cloud solutions.
This position covers the Western US and travel may be required in California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Idaho, and Alaska.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a technical sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Oracle Technology and Oracle Cloud deployments.
• As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers understand best practices around advanced on-premises and, cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to these solutions.
• Work with State and Local customers to help shape and execute a strategy to develop their next generation solutions on Oracle Technology and the Oracle Public Cloud.
• As a key technical member of the Public Sector Sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on Oracle Technology and the Oracle Cloud platform.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud or on-premise as needed.
• Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Oracle Technology.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Leverage your influence, leadership skills, and unmatched enthusiasm to support sales leaders and highly motivated sales consultants and cloud specialists in closing deals with customers.
• Develop a deep expertise in Oracle Technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
• Lead the efforts to share best-practice knowledge amongst the Oracle Technology community. You will learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
• Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Technology across various Public Sector segments.
• Passion: Working with top Public Sector customers: educating, training, designing, and building Oracle Technology solutions for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
• Creative: Enjoy creating and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of Oracle Technology.
• High acumen: for assessing, compiling great technical content and white papers about emerging technologies and industry developments.
• Collaborative: Enjoy and have experience with internal teams to define the product roadmap, market positioning, and other program initiatives targeted at specific audiences e.g. developers and IT professionals.
• No Fear: dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Connector: The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
• Strategic Thought Leader: You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
• 10 years of experience in consulting/design/implementation with Oracle Data Management technologies, Infrastructure, Fusion Middleware, Database, Data Security, and Cloud Solutions
• 7 years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Cloud Certification highly desirable
• Public sector State and Local experience highly desirable
• Ability to map enterprise architectures through solution and technical architectures that deliver expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements
• Experience architecting, building, and maintaining Cloud applications on popular platforms e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
• Experience migrating legacy on-premise deployments to the cloud and experience architecting and developing a next generation/cloud native cloud offerings
• Experience migrating to or architecting microservices cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such green-field “cloud native” applications
• A strong understanding of Enterprise Architecture including associated certifications like TOGAF are highly desirable
• Strong remote and physical presentation skills – agility to adapt your presentation style from low to executive level, and effectively white board your solutions in both large and small group settings
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Advanced degree highly desirable
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
/At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion./
Job: *Pre Sales
Title: *Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Enterprise Architect | Public Sector S&L Western US *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000XWW