Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Asc. Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking Systems Engineering Associate Manager to support the GPS III Specialty Engineering team.
As a leader on the Systems Engineering (SE) team, you will manage the Special Disciplines Team with responsibilities that include technical, cost and schedule performance for engineering specialties disciplines. The Special Disciplines team scope includes but is not limited to: Survivability (Radiation and MMOD), Reliability, and E3 (EMI/EMC/ESD). Additional engineering specialty disciplines (e.g. Human Factors, Logistics, etc.) may also be included in this organization.
As a , you will:
• Lead the Program's Systems Engineering efforts to include technical direction, planning, and staffing
• Build a strong team of individual contributors to plan and successfully execute engineering specialties/special disciplines
• Lead a team of subject matter experts (SMEs) from initial ATP (Authority to Proceed) through the end of the contract and follow on contracts, as applicable
• Manage special disciplines SME resources for the program, and provide programmatic and proposal support
• Support the full life cycle of the program, for example, to help define the Systems Architecture, Requirements and Verification Baseline, development and flight test hardware baseline, ground and flight test planning, and design maturity milestone reviews – Support includes ensuring designs, from the component level to the system level, will meet performance requirements during ground test verifications and when during mission operations
• Work closely with customer counterparts through direct engagement to develop, test and field products.
• Be a Full Spectrum Leader who is disciplined in value driven Systems Engineering and drives design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way.
• Fully embrace and promote Systems Thinking and Mission Success paradigms.
• Provide oversight and support to critical program area Engineering skill development
• Utilize your technical background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
Typically has 7- 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or related experience
• Experience in aerospace industry or related engineering field
• Systems Engineering process knowledge or experience and complete lifecycle experience with Engineering processes and reviews
• Familiarity with DoD or IC program support
• Demonstrated Program/Project Management and/or team leadership skills
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the full engineering design process used in aerospace for large complex systems
• Experience with interfacing with Customers and all levels of management with strong presentation and communication skills
• Experience with defining requirements and verification baselines and configuration/change management processes
• Final Top Secret Clearance or equivalent needed to start
• 3+ years of direct experience as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in one or more of the engineering specialty/special disciplines
• Experience leading anomaly resolution teams
• Demonstrated ability for understanding and promoting Systems Thinking and Mission Success paradigms.
• Experience in a program Start-Up environment
• Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
• Experience managing subcontractors and teammates
• Able and willing to travel and lead multiple-site Engineering Team
• Demonstrated experience in leading diverse engineering teams focused on engineering specialty/special disciplines (e.g., Survivability, Reliability, E3, PMP, etc.) with successful team/relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries and engineering disciplines
• Experience with control account management principles
• Application and knowledge of systems engineering processes and techniques, and processes, in either a CAM position, or a role with similar experience
• Ability to develop technical talent and build a technical pipeline to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• Demonstrated leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives
• Demonstrated ability to define and execute an integrated design and analysis plan
• Customer interaction and familiarity with the DoD Labs/Facilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Proposal preparation and negotiation
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Previous experience as a formal Manager (L-Code)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.