Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Technical Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: SP-Advanced Programs Development (APD) is seeking a strong Systems Engineer / Technical Lead who aspires to a Technical Program Management role and has a deep understanding of the design and development of space-based RF systems. In this role you will be:
• Skilled in orchestrating system development efforts in collaboration with Antenna, RF, Structures, Power, MM/C2, and other subsystem leads
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of programmatic and technical baselines and will coordinate development activities on the program
• Highly motivated with demonstrated exemplary communication skills as well as customer interface experience
This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission areas and roles, including:
• Enabling business growth through successful cross-line of business collaboration, program execution, subcontractor management, and customer engagement
• Supporting program capture and proposal development activities
• Building customer and subcontractor relationships to evolve existing development programs into operational capabilities, leveraging technology insertion opportunities
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- 7+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Technical project leadership experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Systems engineering experience with two or more of the following: significant requirements development, CONOPS, mission analysis, and systems modeling experience
- RF system development
- Familiarity with managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of projects or programs
- Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- RF payload engineering and development experience
- Flight hardware development / responsible engineer experience
- Program management with a record of successfully meeting cost, schedule, and technical objectives
- Capture and proposal management
- Experience as key customer interface on development programs
- Previous experience managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of projects or programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Active TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.