Lockheed Martin System Integration and Test Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an excellent System Integration and Test Engineer opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization on both mature and development efforts. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Plan, implement, test, document, and maintain solutions for the integration and testing of in-house developed and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COYS)/Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) components, elements, subsystems and or systems.
• Create custom Manufacturing Work Instructions and Test procedures to build, test, and deliver critical flight hardware sub-systems.
• Synthesize customer contractual needs and engineering requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Establish functional and technical specifications and standards.
• Investigate, understand, and apply new technologies in support of program needs.
• Review, evaluate, and derive requirements for producibility and testability.
• Examine and solve hardware, electrical assembly and ground equipment (EAGE), mechanical assembly and ground equipment (MAGE), and tooling interface problems.
• Define input/output parameters; ensuring integration of the entire system or subsystem.
• Coordinate MAGE tooling interfaces to lift and handle flight hardware.
• Assist management of engineering drawing releases/changes and the change impacts to the program.
• Construct and maintain manufacturing bills of material to execute engineering drawing requirements.
• Assure compliance with the established program integrated master schedules.
• Assist development and maintenance of the Earned Value Management (EVM) criteria for activities associated with program product flow.
• Communicate consistently and effectively with program management, customers, and consultants.
Typically has 2-5 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Proficient with Visual Editor Computer Aided Manufacturing tools (VECAMs System), SAP, Material Resource Planning (MRP) databases.
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
• Bill of Material maintenance experience (BOE).
• MAGE/EAGE tooling experience.
• Geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
• Test conductor experience.
• Machine shop experience.
• Previous Lockheed Martin Special Programs knowledge.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.