Lockheed Martin System Engineer Staff - 4G/5G Wireless Communications Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Our team is looking for an experienced Systems engineer with knowledge of mobile communications systems and experience in layers 1 through 4 development.
In this role you will be responsible for one or many of the following systems tasks: requirements capture, high level design and interface definition. This involves working with technical leadership, vendors/subcontractors as well as interfacing with the customer on requirements, design reviews, Q&A, and systems engineering status on all aspects of the and physical layer development. Drive design and specification for a new state of the art mobile SATCOM communications system. Design and specification development for a SATCOM communications system including modification of the 3GPP specs with focus on PHY layer implementation of NB IoT. Create the end to end 4G / 5G communications layer 2/3 system design.
This position requires a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Not needed prior to starting.
• Experience as a systems engineer with wireless communications expertise
• Experience with one or more 4G/5G protocol stack layers 1-3
• Documentation and technical writing skills to maintain configurations and network diagrams
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
• End-to-end / wireless communications system architecture experience.
• Experience with and NR (New Radio) physical layer and physical layer specifications, such as 36.100 series and 36.200 series / 38.100 series and 38.200 series
• Experience of modeling and simulation of and/or physical layer
• Experience with MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layer specifications, such as 36.300 series
• Experience and understanding of radio link budget analysis, link margin calculation and key parameter(s) characterization.
• • Satellite communications (SATCOM) experience Knowledge of 4G, 5G Cellular Networks
• Subject matter expertise in 4G/5G Layer 2/3 protocol stack as well higher level application layers.
• End-to-end 4G/5G communications system architecture experience.
• Communications systems algorithms and techniques for 4G/5G standards, for operating over satellite
• Knowledge of 5G Open RAN (O-RAN) Architecture
• Knowledge of Network Function Virtualization and MEC
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.