Lockheed Martin Structures Lead Engineer (CPE) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Structures Lead Engineer to support the Bus Center of Excellence in Littleton, CO. In this role, you will provide technical expertise for spacecraft structure development, production, and problem resolution while ensuring compliance with customer requirements, LM and industry standards, and procedures. You will interface regularly with LM Management and engineers within the mechanical design organization, and work closely with a multidisciplinary team to develop optimum solutions for complex problems.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
• Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) for spacecraft mechanical subsystem(s) such as primary structures, secondary structures, thermal protection, and overall integrated mechanical systems
• Interface with the customer to obtain end user input and build a partnership
• Design hardware, mechanical/structural components, and subsystems aligned with customer requirements and LM Space standard methodologies (CIPS) in activities related to developing, revising, and releasing engineering drawings
• Present at design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical interchange meetings, engineering review boards, material review boards, and failure review boards.
• Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers performing mechanical design of missile mechanical systems
• Use Creo Parametric develop and release engineering designs using EPDM
• Coordinate engineering design packages with a multidisciplinary team that includes: PMP, stress, systems engineering, checking, manufacturing, product assurance, and configuration and data management
• Develop, integrate component and subsystem designs into a system level design.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Advanced understanding of aerospace vehicle structures, mechanisms, thermal product, materials and processes.
• Spacecraft and/or missile design experience and familiar with stress analysis fundamentals
• Experience leading an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
• Proficient with CAD modeling in CREO or equivalent
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T
• Proficiency using EPDM Windchill and SAP design tools
• Cost Account Management (CAM) experience including Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
• Proficiency with CREO Parametric modeling
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Responsible Engineer
• Knowledgeable at a systems level in the areas of stress, propulsion, harness design, materials, and electrical design/analysis
• Experience working with supply chain and customers
• Familiar with transportation and launch operations processing
• Familiar with design for Manufacturability (DFx)
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Knowledge of CIPS related to system analyses
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.