Lockheed Martin Sr. Test Engineer - Thermal/Reaction Control System in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO. has a Senior System Integration / Test Engineer opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has a consistent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. A significant number of future leaders have been developed with a wide variety of engagement programs and relevant work to develop individual potential.
SUMMARY OF KEY DUTIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Performs test planning, develops test documentation, and oversees the execution of subsystem and system-level test. Documents test results and test discrepancies.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts. Provides technical guidance to test team members.
- Moderates among the interests of multi-disciplinary groups to synthesize test plans and test procedures that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Coordinates subsystem and/or system testing activities with support organizations.
- May perform impromptu briefs of test status or discrepancies to customer representatives or program management.
- Position will require occasional support to 24/7 test operations.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Basic Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (technical discipline such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, etc) or equivalent experience/combined education
• Understanding and ability to troubleshoot propulsion and/or thermal systems using technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
• Previous experience with electrical test equipment such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMMs, Megger, power supplies, and loads
• Familiarity with software language applications and basic software skills
• Must have an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
• Programming experience in the area of automated test script development, debug, and execution
• Certified Test Conductor with experience in Space Vehicle Integration and Test, including: Baseline Ambient, Full Functional, Thermal Vacuum, Acoustic, EMC/EMI, and Final Functional
• Experience testing Reaction Control Systems electrically and mechanically
• Solid Thermal Engineering understanding and ability to understand thermal controls at the system level
• Ability to navigate proficiently in the Unix/Linux environment
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.