Lockheed Martin Sr Stf RF Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a highly motivated, hard working engineer with a strong back-ground in systems engineering and integration & test of space-based RF payloads. You will be performing as technical lead for the integration & test of a complex RF payload system composed of subcontractor delivered hardware, LM hardware, subcontractor delivered software and FPGA gateware. Responsibilities will include direct engagement with ATLO/production test engineering staff to ensure test requirements are understood, test products satisfy those requirements, and test equipment design supports the payload test needs. You will lead payload integration and test activities of RF payload for different platforms including Engineering Development Units (EDUs), and flight units. You will be responsible for analyzing resulting data from testing, and show compliance with system level requirements. You will be responsible for defining payload test requirements, post-test and real-time data analysis, and generating data analysis/calibration tools. As an RF Engineer, you will also function in an auxiliary systems engineering role that will include requirements flow down, link budgets and performance budgets, data analyses, design definition, and payload verification. Responsibilities include requirements management and allocation, generating and updating cascade analyses and support formal verification of the flight hardware. You will provide technical authority for receiver I&T and ensure technical integrity of the product through individual ownership, responsibility, and accountability of the I&T tasks; thus, strengthening expectations of product performance, mission success, and operational excellence. You will work with other Lockheed Martin engineers as well as subcontractors.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience designing, building and/or testing of RF payloads
• Experience writing and using software based tools for testing, data analysis and/or RF system calibration
• Must be comfortable giving formal presentations on complex data to peers, company management and customers.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance
• Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline such as Electrical or Software Engineering.
• Experience as a key technical member of a small procurement team, buying complex one-of-a-kind components from a subcontractor
• Experience working in areas such as: RF system design/analysis, RF component design, ASIC/FPGA development, analog-to-digital converters, reconfigurable FPGA programming, digital signal processing, embedded software systems or other similar product, digital waveform generator design, requirements analysis, cascade analysis, or payload integration and test.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced, team oriented, environment to produce complex systems as a member of a professional development team, while contributing technical skills and experience to enhance program success.
• Willingness to step outside a predefined role to support a wide range of payload development tasks
• 5 years of payload integration and test experience
• Experience with navigation systems
• Be able demonstrate an understanding of principles of digital signal processing, VHDL/integrated circuit design, RF systems and/or electromagnetic fields theory
• Experience and proficiency with engineering tools such as MATLAB, DOORS, Rhapsody, ADS
• Software knowledge in C++/Java and Linux OS development environments
• Experience with laboratory equipment such as signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, data recorders
• Experience troubleshooting anomalies and isolating root cause.
• Experience with the build and test of spaceflight hardware and/or software including a basic understanding of typical flight hardware test techniques, including those used in EMI/EMC, thermal vacuum and random vibration.
• Experience with MS Office products
• Current DoD Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.