Lockheed Martin Space Business Transformation UX Designer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space has embarked on a transformational journey – destination the future. Digital transformation is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. To help us along this journey Space is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Space Business Transformation UX Designer. We’re looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm to enable and deliver on the Space Business Transformation!
UX Designers contribute to the customers perspective of Business Transformation developments at Lockheed Martin Space. As a member of the Business Transformation team, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing a common user experience across a wide array of integrated business and information solutions (including COTS) to provide LM with the ability to accomplish its business goals with discriminating capabilities that give LM a competitive advantage. UX designers participate with internal customers to formulate and implement enterprise-wide business, organization and information technology strategies. The successful candidate will work with internal customers to help conceptualize means to apply information technology as a strategic asset. UX designers will work with Space Business Transformation Portfolio and Functional Leadership teams to identify opportunities to create the desired customer user experiences that will impress!
• Experience creating overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
• Experience accounting for and tracking the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design, using quantitative and qualitative user research and participatory design activities to identify user needs
• Experience creating surveys, analyzing user responses, conducting user testing and usability evaluations
• Experience translating user needs, user personas, use cases and user requirements into UX/UI requirements
• Experience documenting and communicating UX and visual design of projects (including rationale/benefits) to clients and management using personas, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, workflows, user stories, test dashboards and/or visualizations
• Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing production issues in quick turnaround time
• Work with the team for constant improvement of system performance and scale using system profiling tools and stress testing techniques
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor
• 2 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX/UI design
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops, and apply design thinking methods
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
• Accountable for Unit, Automation tests, build, and deployment of one or more modules in a DevOps environment.
• Continued education and research into UX/UI trends and current design strategy and technology
• Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
• Hands-on design and development of single page application using TDD (Test-driven development) and (DDD) Domain-driven design models.
• Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with React, Angular, Electron/Web Components
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Proven ability to successfully operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Familiar with Lockheed Martin digital transformation initiatives and organizations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.