Lockheed Martin Senior Robotics Integration & Test Engineer / Autonomous Systems / Littleton, Colorado in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin's Autonomous Systems / Robotics Group located in Littleton, Colorado provides cutting edge advanced research and engineering for unmanned autonomous robotic platforms, machine vision, and collaborative operations. Our group collaborates across the entire Lockheed Martin portfolio and touches many very interesting autonomous platforms to include aeronautics / aviation systems, surface platforms, subsea platforms, military ground vehicles, and many others.
Our group in Littleton CO is quite entrepreneurial and cutting edge and offers a start-up feel but also comes with the financial stability of a well-known and reputable fortune 100 US owned corporation. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Initial assignment is support to the integration systems developer function to the Expedient Leader/Follower (ExLF) robotic ground vehicle program. ExLF is an Autonomous Ground Vehicle program with both heritage to other systems developed by Autonomous Systems. Autonomous Convoy operations is the primary mission of the ExLF System. The ExLF Systems Integration and Test (I&T) engineer is responsible for coordinating with the Customer and Suppliers in the establishment, maintenance, and execution of the AGR Incr2 test program. Position requirements include the development and maintenance of system test plans, schedules, procedures, coordination of system/subsystem integration, system verification testing, technical demonstrations, and soldier evaluation. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Just a few miles south of Denver, Littleton, Colorado, is considered an outdoorsman’s paradise and flourishing community. Littleton offers the perfect balance between city and country life. Littleton is one of the most beautiful places to live in the US with its views of the Rocky Mountains and numerous outdoor activities. The South Platte River is an excellent venue for water sports and nearby Chatfield State Park features one of the largest lakes in the area. Roxborough State Park’s beautiful red rock formations provide breathtaking views with picturesque hiking and mountain biking trails. One of the best golf courses in the area is Littleton’s 18-hole Meadows Golf Course. Where can you get to from Littleton, Colorado? Colorado Springs is just an hour to the south. Boulder, CO is just 45 minute to the northwest. Cheyenne, WY is less than 2 hours to the north. Vail, CO is just over two hours to the west.
MFCREFER - Autonomous Systems
• Basic Qualifications for this position will include a BS Degree in engineering, applied mathematics, physics, robotic systems, artificial intelligence or closely related technical field and 5 years of professional level career experience.
• Demonstrated experience in developing or testing software, firmware or systems engineering solutions in one or more of the following areas related to autonomy or robotics: unmanned autonomous platforms, machine vision, machine learning, collaborative operations, image and signal processing, tracking, Kalman filtering, robotic controls, sensors systems, navigation, multi-int data fusion, weapon systems, unmanned remote platforms, vehicle driver warning/driver assist, advanced algorithm development.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
• Ability to obtain a DoD secret security clearance is required.
• Strong verbal & written communications skills are required.
• Strong collaboration skills are required.
• An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in engineering, mathematics, physics, robotic systems, artificial intelligence or closely related technical field is desired.
• Experience working with robots and/or robotics systems is desired.
• Experience working with suppliers and/or partners is desired.
• Experience with hardware/software integration, and testing complex products such as robotic ground vehicles is desired.
• The ability to be an effective and inspiring technical lead for certain projects may be desired.
• Experience with C/C++, Python, and/or MATLAB is desired.
• Experience in developing algorithms and software in one or more of the following areas related to autonomy or robotics: unmanned autonomous platforms, machine vision, machine learning, collaborative operations, image and signal processing, tracking, Kalman filtering, robotic controls, sensors systems, navigation, multi-int fusion, weapon systems, unmanned remote platforms, vehicle driver warning/driver assist, advanced algorithm development.
• Prior experience working as a post graduate researcher in a closely related field of research would be a plus.
• Prior experience working on U.S. DoD programs and particularly U.S. Army programs would be a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.