Lockheed Martin Senior Program Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team of professionals are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence ,and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Resilient Digital Environment organization ensures resiliency is a cornerstone of program planning and execution across all products, processes, functions, facilities, supply chain, and program cybersecurity. We are seeking a Strategic Classified Solutions Program Management Sr Mgr to lead the development and execution of Space’s Classified Environments and Common Solutions Strategy mission area in collaboration with the Space Lines of Business (LOB) and with Major Functional Organizations (MFO) including Business Innovation Transformation and Enterprise Excellence (BITEE) and Operations (Security and Supply Chain).
This role will have broad recognition supporting Space’s comprehensive efforts on the environment resilience that our programs operate on, bringing together partners from across Space and the corporation to establish a compelling vision and drive the environment resilience direction for the business. This leader will ensure a holistic view is applied to all projects with a goal of providing high reward, yet cost-efficient, final products that address multiple programs whenever possible.
Reporting to the BITEE Resilient Digital Environments Director, the Project Engineer Sr Mgr will lead all aspects of and drive execution of mission objectives. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
1. Collaborate with key partners to drive Space-wide common platforms and solutions to enable the business, to include both program management and operationalization of several projects in the Strategic Classified Solutions (SCS) mission area.
2. Work with key internal partners to develop and execute a Space-wide strategy and roadmap for the future of Strategic Classified Solutions mission area.
4. Provide program management leadership over existing and proposed projects.
5. Partner with engineers, cybersecurity, industrial security and program level security areas to support the creation of processes, products and solutions that meet our customers’ demand for resilient classified environments and program needs.
6. Provide extensive engagement and oversight of classified environment information technology deployment and sustainment.
Effectively coordinate across Mission Task Areas to establish agreed to priorities, properly allocate resources, and create accountability to deliver results
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• Demonstrated project management experience leading enterprise-scale implementations in security, classified or other related area.
• Five years of progressive leadership experience in leading diverse, geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs.
• Proven management and leadership experience responsible for recruiting and leading technical professionals
• Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
• Demonstrated exceptional communication and expectation setting skills with both internal and external executive level personnel, colleagues, and subordinates
• Deep understanding of business acumen and adherence to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct
• Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, CS, IS, or Systems Engineering, combined with systems and/or experience in full life cycle program management project and program implementation
• Program Management experience with Space, Missile, and/or Mission Systems and external customers such as NASA, Air Force, Space Force, Navy, Army, and Intelligence Communities
• Experience with Classified Information Systems and classified environment security processes.
• Understanding of development, deployment and sustainment of IT systems, architectures, and applications
• Familiarity with Agile development and DevOps operating models
• Experience with creating standard methodologies, business cases, strategy and roadmaps for technical projects
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin and Lockheed Martin Space business processes and technologies
• Active Top Secret or higher clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.