Lockheed Martin Propulsion Technician - B in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Perform all assigned tasks based on demonstrated, certified skills and abilities necessary to produce, assemble, integrate and test propulsion systems and components (e.g. tubing, welding, tanks, fittings etc.). Principle duties include:
1. Perform electronic, electromechanical assembly, optical, and mechanical assembly including torque, layout, drilling, tapping, hardware selection, facing tubes, tolerancing, etc. Perform layout, set-up, and installation of electrical, thermal and mechanical assemblies.
2. Complete documentation of processes and procedures as required while operating in an enterprise operating system such as SAP.
3. Perform set-up and operation of computerized automatic welding machine per established weld parameters to weld various thickness of material in accordance with specifications. Typical welding would be resistance spot/seam welding.
4. Work in conjunction with engineering on defects, parameters and repairs.
5. Conducts complex compound mixing and bonding. Perform precision cleaning.
6. Set-up and operate all types of tubing machines to perform such typical operations as bending, forming, flaring, swaging, beading, and like operations on moderate level tubes.
7. Assists higher graded employee in development of tubing system and performing checks and tests on spacecraft and associated equipment. May assist higher graded employees in the installation and hook-ups of complete tubing systems.
8. May direct and instruct lower graded employees.
General duties include:
1. Develop and compile documentation of fabrication and assembly process and test data.
2. Move equipment, assemblies, material, and tools within immediate production area to maintain normal production operations.
3. Required to work under special environmental conditions to prevent contamination of parts and assemblies.
Desired Skills: Previous work experience in a clean room environment. Previous experience with SAP.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.