Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are looking for the right individual that desires the opportunity to serve as a Production Lead (PL) in a specialty item production area. In this role, you will have the primary responsibility of working with the Program Office to establish and manage a Production Operations Directive (POD).
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• During bid and proposal phase of the program you will coordinate the Manufacturing Centers, MRP, test, and Procurement groups as necessary and provide cost and schedule quotes to the program.
• Establish budget and baseline control to perform work for the program using the POD as the governing document between the program and the production center.
• Push program hardware through the production and test process and deliver the product to the program on schedule and to a budget outlined in the POD.
• Manage and report in accordance with the Earned Value Management process to upper management and the program.
• Manage production that may include and is not limited to: welding, brazing, bonding, solar array fabrication, laser activities, composites, electronic board fabrication, machining activities, electronic box fabrication, mechanical assembly activities, and testing of all products.
• You will, at times, need to be able to support non-standard shifts as required by the organization.
• This job may require the PL to work across multiple lines of business, work centers, and supporting departments.
Typically has 2-5 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college, with a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience related to this positions job scope.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Previous experience organizing and/or optimizing shop floor product & process flow in a manufacturing environment.
• Able to work independently.
• Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Experience in the following areas: Financial analyst, pricing estimating, supply chain management, manufacturing fabrication, operations, and earned value management.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.