Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff / Control Account Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an excellent Project Engineer Staff /Control Account Manager opportunity to work within the ORION program. Lockheed Martin is the prime contractor building NASA's Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, the only spacecraft designed for long-duration, human-rated deep space exploration. Orion will transport humans to interplanetary destinations beyond low Earth orbit, such as the moon and eventually Mars, and return them safely back to Earth. Exciting stuff, yes? Come be a part of it!
In this role you will perform Control Account Manager (CAM) duties for the Orion Mechanism and Pyrotechnics Control Accounts (CA) within the Service Module Integrated Product Team (SM IPT) and report to the responsible Subsystem Leader within the SM IPT. Your duties include leading, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account with a total dollar span of control over $20M annually. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
• Effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
• Work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, PMP (Parts, Material and Processes), Quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• Identify cost threats and develop opportunities, bringing them forward to Subsystem lead, the SM IPT, and Program for review and integration into the Threats and Opportunities database
• Develop and implement mitigation plans for threats
• Manage a significant number of Class 1 proposal offers and opportunities
• Conduct regular and thorough cost performance and variance analyses, manage cost and schedule performance mitigation activities, and manage corrective actions
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Subsystem, IPT, and Program. Maintain an in-depth understanding of parts procurements, headcount challenges, resource constraints, safety, and quality issues
• Complete all Earned Value Management assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete reviews, schedule status, variance reporting, comprehensive estimates at complete, and proposal tasks
• Manage all financial matters for the team, be the point of contact (POC) to manage rolling wave, POC to manage all contractual actions (ensure correct and consistent Estimate/ BOEs) ,POC to manage all formal Change Requests from the Customer, work staffing profiles, maintain current LM (site) and subcontract rates, provide subcontract management, POC for PPBE (Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution - Yearly NASA Budget exercise), POC for all financial drills, balance financials across the teams, provide financial data for Program Review Board packages, POC for financial data for Quarterly Program Periodic Review charts, manage Threats and Opportunities (including scrubs)
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives - just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space!
• Bachelors degree in a technical and/or business oriented discipline with 7-9 years of relevant experience
• General technical knowledge of spacecraft or aircraft flight hardware design, development, testing, and certification processes.
• Previous CAM (Control Account Manager) or project lead/management experience with Earned Value Management responsibilities. Skill proficiency to include:
o Earned Value Process
o Rolling Wave Planning
o Authoring monthly variants
o Work Authorization Directive (WAD) process
o Managing Resource Allocation Matrix (RAM)
o EXCEL (Pivot Tables/Macros)
• Demonstrated understanding of program planning and management
• Understanding of the configuration management processes (product structure, review boards, etc.)
• Understanding of engineering processes (engineering release, requirements definition, design, analysis, verification)
• Understanding of production processes and work flows
• Knowledge of the life-cycle development program and how early milestones drive future costs
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance highly preferred
• Working knowledge of SAP (ability to trace demand, hardware orders, etc)
• Proficiency with Material Earned Value (MEV) system
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for changes/proposals
• Proficiency in preparing MRs (material Requests)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project
• Proficiency with ACCESS Database
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Previous Proposal, BOE (Basis of Estimate) & Negotiations experience
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.