Lockheed Martin Program Quality Eng Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
The Program Quality Engineer will support a new development and production program for a land based deployable mission system. This role will have responsibility for alignment of process & product quality.
- Candidate will be working with the Subcontracts Program Manager to coordinate the development, fabrication/production/integration & test of a major sub-system, ensuring the subcontractor can deliver the required components to meet the overall program requirements. This position requires a strong understanding of Program Quality Assurance, Hardware Quality processes, Supplier Quality practices, and resourcefulness to program needs. You will help to guide technical decisions that craft the hardware system design and drive design evolution. Having a Quality Assurance approach, you will use independent & objective judgment of process performance. You will work side by side with engineering and program management, evaluating product and processes to drive detailed improvements, and facilitate those activities, to improve product quality and process cycle times. You will help ensure accurate flow-down & trace of standard and quality requirements to suppliers and subcontractors. There will be occasions for subcontractor evaluations both programmatic and at the subcontractor site. Through an understanding of the Hardware Quality processes, you will review engineering drawings and work orders, inspect assembled product, and inspect installations at various CONUS locations. Additionally, you will recommend and analyze program and quality process performance and product quality metrics and drive their implementation with the ability to identify adverse trends, understand/identify risks, and drive effective corrective action. Candidate will apply and maintain the quality management system that drives the delivery of objectives and feature. Additional Program Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- For issues discovered, facilitate Root Cause Analysis events that identify complete root causes and associated corrective actions.
- Evaluate process/product performance and participate/collaborate with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements.
- Lead the product development including requirements allocation, architecture, design, development, integration & test, and acceptance of products and solutions.
- Ability to evaluate data to identify systemic issues and trends; provide reports to senior management.
- Provide inputs to the Quality Program Manager to ensure sound labor estimates on ECPs and ongoing proposal efforts.
- Perform HW Configuration audits.
- Witness testing activities and formal quality testing, as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related professional experience.
- Previous experience in Hardware Quality Engineering and/or related discipline processes. Understanding of basic Hardware Quality processes. Understanding of basic Supplier Quality processes. Experience with integration and test. Experience with complex power, cooling and distribution systems.
- Previous experience in Software Development Lifecycles (e.g., Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, Spiral). Previous experience in Systems Engineering Methodologies (Model Based and DoDAF).
- Basic understanding of Software Languages (such as C#, C++ and Java).
- Experienced in performing Configuration Audits of both developed and COTS systems. Experienced in validating Software requirements sell-off and associated tool usage (such as DOORS, RTM, JIRA). Code and peer review experience.
- Experienced reviewer of technical documentation. Experienced root cause analysis practitioner. Experienced in writing and managing performance of corrective and preventative actions. Process auditing experience.
- Self-starter who is detail oriented, well organized and able to self-prioritize and complete tasks within in a dynamic and demanding environment. Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills working within a diverse environment and across many disciplines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to build and provide briefings and status reports.
- Secret security clearance required to start.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering degree/background. 5+ years of quality engineering experience.
- Experience with RF and antennas. Experience with shelter based and deployable systems.
- DoD contract experience.
- Knowledge of LM RMS process and procedures.
- Lean/Six Sigma black (or green) belt certification.
- Formal Process Auditing training and experience.
- Experienced with peer reviews of hardware, systems or documents.
- Experience in Process and performance measurement: developing, collecting and analyzing metrics.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.