Lockheed Martin Model Based Engineering - Technology Integration Research Engineer Sr Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This engineer reports to the Model Based Solutions team in the Emerging Technologies organization. Emerging Technologies reports to the Vice President of the Future Enterprise Program under the Digital Transformation Office within Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations organization.
The Model Based Solutions team is responsible for technology integration, portfolio execution, and effective technology transfer of the company digital technology projects impacting digital twins and advanced design and analysis. The team is also responsible for developing solutions to ensure data continuity across product life cycles and across platforms, knowledge sharing, and engineering excellence.
Focus areas include advanced design synthesis, generative design, product line engineering, digital twins, model based design and state of the art analysis solutions.
This engineer provides technical guidance to direct and indirect project teams across the enterprise. Responsibility includes external research center engagement.
This level contributes to the development of new principles and methods and supports corporate strategy.
Desired Skills: • Knowledge of basic technology project management processes.
Experience with model based mechanical definition
• Experience with model based mechanical definition, including experience with the use of 3D models in design, manufacturing, production, test and/or sustainment related operations.
• Experience with intellectual property planning for projects.
• Interest in competitive assessment of technologies in manufacturing and engineering areas.
• The selected candidate will be a member of a high-performing virtual team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• The selected candidate must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions with technical leaders across the enterprise.
• The ability to travel for broad business area facilitation and team interaction is required and should be expected at approximately 10% of the time.
• Experience in or supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industry preferred but not required
• Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing automation of systems and engineering tools, model based engineering practices and advanced modeling and simulation
• Experience leading or managing project teams consisting of engineers or scientists.
• Demonstrated history of collaboration and working with customers.
• Experience supporting (directly or indirectly) engineering and/or production
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.