Lockheed Martin Mechanical Structural Design Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our A2100 team in Littleton, CO. In this role you will :
- Work closely with engineers, manufacturing and technical management and will be providing the integration, design and technical solutions including payload structures, thermal products and integration of mechanical, propulsion, electrical and RF components
- Drive new business capture activities for future soft-goods programs
- Independently develops and provides mechanical design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products.
- Independently review requirements, from various sources (instrumentation, dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.), to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the design of assigned products.
- Provides frequent interaction and collaboration with program leadership, analysts, peers, configuration management, and manufacturing, to ensure program requirements and schedules are met.
- Drives to completion of program achievements by the release of accurate, error-free, affordable and producible engineering designs.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Experience creating 3D designs in CREO or equivalent
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T and tolerance stack up analyses.
- Familiar with Assembly test and launch (ATLO) operations and assembly
- Experience with Mechanical Design Principles
- Ability to collaborate effectively with adjacent disciplines (systems engineering, electronics, stress/thermal analysis, configuration management, production, test, quality…)
- Knowledgeable at a systems level in the areas of stress, propulsion, harness design, materials, and electrical design/analysis
- Experience with flight hardware and ground support equipment design
- Hands-on hardware experience
- Familiar with design for Assembly, Test, and Integration (DFx)
- Familiarity with Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Active TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.