Lockheed Martin Mechanical Project Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is seeking an enthusiastic engineer to join the Mechanical CAD Solutions team. The selected candidate will work closely with other team members to deliver world-class Mechanical design tools, processes, and related training to the mechanical design community.
Key responsibilities of this role include the followings:
• Coordinate MCAD Solutions projects including planning, execution, and monitoring
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Participate in Model-based design initiatives
• Collaborate with IT to investigate and address MCAD-related issues
• Support Digital Tapestry and Future Enterprise Program activities
• Communicate on-going issues to management as necessary to ensure timely resolution
• Work closely with the MCAD user community to identify training gaps, recommend best practices, and document lessons learned
The MCAD Solutions team’s mission is to provide integrated and effective mechanical design solutions and support to more than 1000 Creo & Windchill users across the enterprise. Working closely with Mechanical CAD leads across various LOBs, this team enables programs and functional areas to meet their mechanical design objectives.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
• Experience with CAD tool (PTC Creo Parametric)
• Demonstrated commitment to process improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams consisting of personnel with diverse backgrounds
• Familiarity with a Product Data Management System (e.g. Windchill)
• Experience developing or implementing CAD processes
• Familiarity with Model-Based Definition and related CAD practices
• Experience with Product Lifecycle Management Systems (e.g. Windchill, Teamcenter)
• Experience developing or maintaining a team site using Microsoft SharePoint
• Knowledge of other disciplines (i.e. Stress & Dynamics, Manufacturing, Quality, ATLO)
• Understanding of Configuration Management principles
• Experience with analysis software (e.g. NX NASTRAN, FEMAP, ABAQUS, etc...).
• Working knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, etc.)
• Experience with Aerospace and Defense.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.