Lockheed Martin Mechanical Ordnance Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The successful candidate will provide local leadership, functional management and technical direction to a team of approximately 10-20 engineers responsible for Ordnance engineering research, design, development, and production support for the overall LM Space Ordnance/Propulsion Engineering Team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado and supports multiple programs within LM Space including Orion, HCSW, FBM, IR-CPS, MSP, Deep Space Exploration and others. In addition this position will be called upon for occassional support of other Lockheed Martin Companies such as Strategic Missiles and Defense and Aerospace.
You will ensure program technical and schedule requirements are met by staffing, surge resourcing, training, and development of design personnel. Identify and propagate technology selection and best-practices, ensure technical domain expertise of the entire team, drive innovation of process and tool development and deployment, resolve critical technical issues, and ensure metrics are collected and used for continual process improvement. Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors. Work with LOB's to define staffing requirements, training requirements, and develop mentoring programs and career path opportunities for personnel within the department. Direct, coordinate, perform and exercise authority of staffing requirements and actions, employee job assignments and rotations, merit increases, promotions, compliance & skills training, and performance assessment, and recognition & disciplinary actions.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform admirably under conditions of rapidly changing priorities, multiple demands and “feast or famine” staffing challenges, balancing LOB needs and being prepared to respond to emerging issues. The successful candidate will also support new business proposals with Basis of Estimates, BOEs. The successful candidate will report information on technical anomalies and lead investigation teams.
The successful candidate will be a best-in-class leader in the design of a wide range of Ordnance systems including Operational, Flight Termination, Initiation, and Man Rated applications, having lead multiple Program Design Teams and been sought after as a Subject Matter Expert. The candidate will have experience in Lessons Learned, Root Cause Analysis, having proven successes in leading investigation teams and implementing Corrective Actions.
This Leader will also be expected to support in performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specifictaion generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables. Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion Systems, Separations and Deployments, Weapons Systems, Spacecraft Operating Systems, and Flight Termination Systems
'The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experiance/combined education, with 12 years of professional experience; or 9 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree.
- At least 4 years effectively leading a multi-disciplined Design Team- Considered an Emerging Authority in Propulsion Engineering
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals
- Knowledge of Requirements development and management
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering associated with missile systems
- Strong experience in the design and procurement, test, production and integration of flight ordnance products and subsystems.
- Problem Investigation resolution and root cause analysis experience
- Experience with affordability and continuous improvement engineering efforts.
- Demonstrated engagement with central organizations, multi-program and
- Safety Critical Ordnance Initiation Systems
- Separation Systems
- Ordnance Testing
- Flight Termination Systems
- Fuzing Systems
Must have prior technical leadership and management experience leading and developing large, complex and diverse cross-functional engineering teams. Must have demonstrated ability to work with Advanced Programs and New Business counterparts to evolve concepts to products. Must have the demonstrated ability to motivate propulsion technical team members to perform productively in a team environment and set an example of ethical behavior as a leader. Must have the demonstrated ability to build and lead a team which provides horizontal and vertical integration across organizations
'- Trade Studies
- Range Safety Document Tailoring and Compliance
- Interface Definition for Structures, Ordnance, Controls and Avionics Subsystems
- CDRL/SDRL Review and Approval
- Participation and Closure of ERB/CCB/FRB/PDR and CDR Events
- CAM certification or experience with the principles of earned value management.
- Experience creating cost and schedule projections or Basis of Estimates (BOE).
- Specific experience leading a root cause failure analysis team.
Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate, and lead groups of engineering personnel.
Risk and Opportunity Management, change management Program Management experience. Program Chief Engineer experience.
Green Belt Certification
Microsoft suite of tools (Word, Power Point, Excel)
Existing DoD security clearance
- ECAD-MCAD tool usage
- Engineering or Program presentation experience to executive leadership and or customers
- Considered a Subject Expert in one or more of the following
- Procurement and Delivery of Ordnance Products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.