Lockheed Martin Mechanical Design Senior Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day! We use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that supports employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Are you ready?
Strong and proven interpersonal skills with a positive outlook are required as well as creative thinking and problem solving.
If so, you will lead an integrated multi-functional engineering team in delivering mechanical products for LM2100 spacecraft integration efforts. You'll be responsible for the spacecraft design layout, payload layouts, structures design, mechanical and dynamics analysis, mechanisms, thermal design and analysis, harness design and thermal blanket design for LM2100 spacecraft. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing a multi-disciplined organization of approximately 90 engineers involved in the design, production, test, and delivery of a wide array of in-house and subcontracted products. Represent the LM2100 Bus COE in resolving all resource/schedule conflicts that affect mechanical hardware design activities. Act as the primary interface from the LM2100 Bus COE for standard and common product design of spacecraft mechanical products, assemblies and installations. Act as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for mechanical products on LM2100 contracts, allocating budgets and schedules to engineering organizations. You will have understanding of and experience using Earned Value Management on complex aerospace programs. Provide planning and status reporting for mechanical products to LM2100 Bus COE senior leadership and satellite program managers. Manage the day to day effort for all spacecraft mechanical design product deliveries including managing the required engineering staff supporting timely and cost-effective resolution of manufacturing, supply chain and ATLO issues. Integrate/coordinate proposal technical and cost volume inputs including BOE generation as required in support of LM2100 satellite proposals. You will perform all functions of a Senior Manager for a large organization, including organization, staffing, performance evaluations, promotions, training, mentoring, and other functions consistent with Lockheed Martin full spectrum leadership imperatives. Responsible for ensuring risks are identified, tracked and mitigated, maintaining open and quality communications with all team members (customers, employees and subcontractors). Other responsibilities will include keeping Lockheed Martin executive management apprised of issues/recovery plans, and employing positive interpersonal and communication skills that encourage and guide employees and advance teamwork.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Experience managing spacecraft design efforts to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements on fixed price contracts.
• Experience with design, production, and procurement of mechanical products (e.g. structures, mechanisms, thermal control) for spacecraft applications.
• Understanding of and experience using Earned Value Management on complex aerospace programs.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills, including interactions with executive leadership.
• Demonstrate effective executive level verbal and written communication skills; and a track record of successfully partnering with supporting organizations to achieve common objectives
• Degree in engineering or the physical sciences (e.g. physics) or equivalent experience with greater than 15 years’ experience in aerospace-related systems.
• 5 or more years in project or product management in the aerospace field
• U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
• 14 years minimum of structural design, fabrication, and/or testing experience.
• Lockheed Martin Certification as CAM
• Experience managing product design, production, and delivery on commercial, geosynchronous satellite programs
• Experience with LM2100 spacecraft design, structures, mechanisms and/or thermal subsystems
• Demonstrated commitment to process/cycle time improvements.
• Experience in solving complex technical problems.
• Experience with international business and export control issues
• Program Management/F&BO/Contract Management/Engineering experience
• Willingness to travel as needed (approximately 5-15%)
• Current TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.