Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner (early to mid-career) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an early to mid-career Manufacturing Planner professional who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our product support/manufacturing planning team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your planning skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
As a Manufacturing Planner supporting the FBM program, your responsibilities will include:
• Perform the Make, Buy and / or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions.
• Perform one or more multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• Coordinate with manufacturing and Operations Management to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirements, execute the plan, provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts and executes processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
• Manage requirements and replenishment elements such as production orders and purchase requests within the ERP system
• Continually track parts availability, taking actions to expedite delivery appropriately
• Work with other stakeholders to set priorities, identify risks to schedule early on and take appropriate actions to mitigate impact to cost/schedule
• Participate, and on occasion represent Production Planning, in Manufacturing, Quality, and Pipeline meetings as required
Requires good communication skills and the ability to present status to management and customers. Candidate will be required to take a “big picture” approach to day-to-day tasks as they support the goals of the FBM Program.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
• Knowledge/Understanding of ERP systems such as SAP or comparable systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
• Great written/verbal communication skills
• Intermediate or above understanding of Microsoft Excel
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in Supply Chain management
• Excels in a team environment
• Effectively adapts to change
• Experience dealing with various customers including but not limited to DoD, DCMA, other government entities
• APICS or other related professional certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.