Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Assembly Technician Specialist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a technician where you will assemble, develop, and fabricate structural and precision mechanical components in a visibly clean and/or precision clean environment. This role requires that you be able to work from engineering drawings, written work instructions, and process specifications to meet quality production standards.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Install and torque a variety of fastener types; drill/machine fastener holes on flight hardware.
• Install rivets, adhesive bonding, measuring and shimming interfaces to close tolerances.
• Read, use, and understand various precision calibrated equipment such as micrometers, calipers, milliohmeters, torque watches/wrenches, etc.
• Mix and apply various forms of adhesives to flight hardware including a variety of RTV and epoxies. Some of these applications will require injections methods.
• Work with shop power tools (saws, sander, routers, and grinders).
• Occasionally fabricate tooling from various materials such as aluminum, corrosion resistant steel, titanium, and plastics using hand tools, lathe and/or mill.
• Independently perform routine, non-routine, and moderately complex assignments.
• Research assignments, processes, and analyzes data.
• May provide leadership and direction to junior level employees.
• May determine methods, operations, sequences; develop and/or modify products and equipment to requirements when working in technical or production positions.
• Willingness to support a flexible work schedule with varying shifts, after hours support as needed, and overtime work when required to support schedule alignment.
• Use Microsoft office products as part of daily assigned duties.
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 Years of experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Familiarity with the proper usage of mechanics hand tools and power tools.
• Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings and process specifications or procedures.
• Must have torquing operations experience in a mechanical manufacturing setting.
• Bonding experience with one or more of the following: epoxies, acrylics, silicones.
• Aircraft and powerplant license or similar professional certifications.
• Experience in aircraft/aerospace assembly with quality oversight.
• Strong understanding of aerospace or aircraft fabrication in quality-controlled environment.
• Ability to operate mills, routers, lathes, grinders, table saws, band saws, and other various shop tools.
• Familiarity with Visual Enterprise Complex Assembly Manufacturing Solution (VE-CAMS), SAP, Enterprise Electronic Data and Management System (EPDM).
• Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI), Manufacturing Process Specifications (MPS), Parts, Materials and Process Engineering (PMP) experience.
• Strong aptitude for attention to detail: Following and recording data in various electronic documentation methods.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.