Viassytems Technologies Corp., L.L.C. Maintenance Tech in Littleton, Colorado
A Maintenance Technician will perform preventative maintenance and scheduled repairs on various production and facility equipment. May also perform emergency repairs and assist with equipment installations as needed. Will be exposed to hazardous waste while performing daily job duties. Technicians will undergo Chemical Handling training prior to the start of performing these duties and will actively participate in ongoing hazardous waste and chemical handling training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Repairs and equipment installations throughout manufacturing facility.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to parts requiring inspection or repair.
- Inspect equipment systems to a level that will identify possible failures and repair or schedule repairs as needed.
- Supply their own set of basic hand tools needed to perform the job tasks assigned (a list of required/recommended tools is available from the Maintenance Manager).
- Communicate the completion of all work performed by filling out a maintenance request or a preventative maintenance form.
- Communicate the status of all incomplete tasks verbally and/or via e-mail to the technician taking over the task or the Maintenance Manager.
- Adhere to all environmental, safety and health policies plans and procedures.
- Complete all departmental documentation neatly, completely and accurately.
- Train other technicians in the skills required to perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Follow all safety measures when handling chemicals and hazardous waste with regard to use, mixing and disposing chemicals.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electro-mechanical equipment
- Ability to use various tools, to include but not limited to, basic hand tools (e.g., wrenches, screw drivers, measuring devices, etc.), power tools (e.g., drills, saws, grinders, etc.)
- Ability to follow technical data and instructions (e.g., operation manuals, schematics, and diagrams)
- Ability to stand throughout the shift and lift 40 pounds without straining
- 3 years of preventative maintenance, repair and/or installation of industrial/commercial electro-mechanical equipment using skills associated with trades such as: electrical, mechanical, electronics, HVAC, plumbing and welding
- Licensing and journeyman status is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Requisition Number: 15-0241
Post Date: 6/30/2015
Title: Maintenance Tech
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Country: United States