Lockheed Martin Human Machine Technology Integration Research Engineer Sr Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This engineer reports to the Human Machines Solutions Senior Manager in the Emerging Technologies team. The Emerging Technologies team reports into the Vice President of the Future Enterprise Program under the Digital Transformation Office within Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations organization.
The Human - Machines Solutions team is responsible for technology integration, portfolio execution, and effective technology transfer of the company digital technology projects impacting digital manufacturing, manufacturing simulation, industrial control systems, autonomous production solutions, and automation or semi-automation.
Focus areas include advanced simulation including virtual reality, enabling design for manufacturing, machine utilization and analytics, process control, smart sensors/measurement systems, advanced robotics, human augmentation, and autonomy.
This engineer provides technical guidance to direct and indirect project teams across the enterprise. This includes responsibility for external research center engagement for the human machines portfolio.
Desired Skills: • Knowledge of basic technology portfolio management processes.
• Experience with intellectual property planning for projects.
• Interest in competitive assessment of technologies in manufacturing and engineering areas.
• The selected candidate will be a member of a high-performing virtual team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• The selected candidate must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions with technical leaders across the enterprise.
• The ability to travel for broad business area facilitation and team interaction is required and should be expected at approximately 10% of the time.
• Experience in or supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industry
• Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing automation and process control technologies
• Experience managing project teams consisting of engineers or scientists.
• Demonstrated history of collaboration and working with customers.
• Experience supporting (directly or indirectly) production
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.