Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, Satellites, Power Design, Early Career in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Isn't it time to consider taking your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton, CO ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems.
Our culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you interested in joining us as an Satellite Electronics Engineer ? you will be responsible for working on the early design and development of the Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) for a spacecraft program. You will work along with subject matter experts to develop an efficient and affordable design and will work across the program to determine power needs and design a regulated and controlled subsystem that will meet both bus and payload requirements by providing a multi-voltage regulated power system.
AS A MEMBER OF THE A2100 COE TEAM, YOU WILL:
• Assist in the design, development, manufacturing and test of C&DH hardware.
• Ensure a balance in execution between technical requirements, program cost and delivery schedule.
• Responsible to the CPE for developing and maintaining procurement specifications and interface control documents.
• Assist the CPE in integration, test and verification events to support system level requirements.
• Provide periodic status to senior management.
• Establishing board and box level requirements.
• Board or box test requirements.
• Schematic generation and capture.
• Printed wiring board layout oversight.
• Parts selection.
• Parts stress analysis.
• Board worst case analysis.
• Board and box test development.
• At least an undergraduate degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
• 2 - 5 years of professional experience for this role.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance to the TS/SCI level.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Basic understanding of power systems design and integration.
• Basic understanding of electrical power systems implementation and troubleshooting activities.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance to the TS/SCI level.
• EMI/EMC Experience.
• Usage of variety of power devices (DC/DC Converters, regulators, transformers, fuses, relays, batteries, etc.… ).
• On-console satellite launch support experience.
• Experience in various phases of aerospace electronic component development cycle. Knowledge of front-end product development, including generation of requirements and interfaces, mechanical and thermal packaging, analog and digital design, and transition to production experience.
• Experience with automated test management software (Test Stand, Test Studio, LABVIEW or MATLAB).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.