Lockheed Martin Digital Signal Processing Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Digital Signal Processing Engineer:
Lockheed Martin is Seeking Individuals with experience developing high speed digital processing algorithms and architectures for RF digital Payloads. The individual would be part of the RF Center of Excellence and work as part of a team across the enterprise to develop innovative mission processing solutions to support RF digital payload processing systems. The individual will support the digital processing hardware team and work with individuals across the multiple organizations and the Lines of Business (LOB) to gather customer and mission needs and translate those into an concept signal processing solutions. The individual would be responsible to stay abreast of current market trends, internal digital processing development efforts and capabilities. The individual would support new business activities as part of a team that identifies candidate algorithms and processer architectures. The individual will work with FPGA/ASIC designers to analyze the processing support required for those algorithms. The individual would execute product development tasks set forth by the digital hardware lead.
Primary Strategic Digital Processing Lead Responsibilities:
• Develop and analyze digital signal processing algorithms and architectures to meet mission requirements
• Participate on a digital processing development teams to leverage synergies in the RF COE and with other processing areas within SSC.
• Perform research and analysis that supports the definition of a RF Digital Processing products that take advantage of current and future marketplace trends and capabilities to satisfy current and future mission needs.
• Assist in developing processing approaches in support of RFI and RFPs including defining a baseline processor architecture, creating winning proposal write-ups, and establishing program cost baselines.
* Candidate shall possess a degree in engineering, or the hard sciences (e.g. physics), with greater than 4 years’ experience
* Experience in Digital Signal Processing
* Familiarity with digital processor requirements, development and application
* Experience with simulation and analysis of signal processing algorithms
* Experience in Unit requirements decomposition
* Capable of updating/revising technical documentation using MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Experience in engineering and development through the product life-cycle
* Must have the ability to obtain a SCI
• Ability to work diligently in a self directed manner adhering to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in Digital hardware design
• Experience in GPU/FPGA code develoment
• Experience in digital communication system design and analysis
• Experience in satellite protected communication
• Experience in the development of flight hardware
• Electrical Engineering degree
• Active SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.