Lockheed Martin Designer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The designer will work closely with engineers to provide component or portions of system designs of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE), including handling, lifting, test, assembly and transportation of mechanical, electrical, and RF components. The selected candidate will be responsible for engineering documentation, drawing/Computer Aided Design (CAD) maintenance and verification, and support of cross-discipline product development. Responsibilities include:
- Use Creo to develop plans, drawings, models, revise and initiate formats for parts, assemblies, and installation engineering CAD files which are usable in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software packages.
- Create new parts, drawings, BOMs, assemblies, simplified reps, shrinkwraps
- Support team members with design knowledge
- Complete layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices (ASME Y14.5)
- Prepare complete production detail drawings
- Contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations
The ideal candidate will have good communications skills (both oral and written) and a background in Design processes.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling, drafting and release familiarity (Creo, I-Deas, Solid Works, etc.).
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Working knowledge of industrial standards and federal regulations including ANSI, OSHA, and AWS (including AWS weld symbology).
- EPDM Windchill experience.
- Creo experience.
- Data Set Rating experience.
- Familiar with the development of Special Tooling (ST) / Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) used for the manufacture, integration, test, transport, and handling of spacecraft and associated critical hardware.
- Demonstrated commitment to development and deployment of productivity / performance improvements and leveraging new technologies.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.