3D Systems, Inc. Applications Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
The Applications Engineer will be a key role in integrating 3D Systems’ machines into production environments. This individual will apply conventional manufacturing and quality control experience to lead customers to a cutting-edge manufacturing solution that meets their production requirements. The incumbent will work with prospects, customers and manufacturers to optimize the part design (DFM) for the 3D printing system’s capabilities, as well as lead the customization requirements of the printing system and workflow for the manufacturing integration.
Manage all technical elements of customer engagement.
· Engineering technical liaison/advisor on development of custom system & workflow for specific customer.
· Leverage existing knowledge and experience to penetrate traditional manufacturing space.
· Benchmark 3D production printing system against traditional manufacturing as well as other 3D printing options.
· Lead integration of 3D printing system at manufacturing site.
· Ensure quality and performance achieve customer requirements.
· Advise customer on part design to optimize performance, throughput and cost with the 3D printing system.
· Create manufacturing plan for products from print preparation initiation to part delivery.
· Calculate part cost and throughput.
· Work with design engineers, scientists and chemists to deliver end-to-end part creation (i.e. coating, polishing, pick-and-place, etc.).
· Travel to customer and manufacturing sites.
· Attend conferences to learn as well as promote the 3D production printing system and its capabilities.
· Assist with promotional activities and development of demo material.
· Special projects
Education and Training:
· BS or MS in mechanical, aerospace or metallurgical engineering.
· Minimum of 6 months in design engineering for new product development, manufacturing design, supplier quality engineering, and/or relevant technical sales. Can include non-commercial projects with academic institutions and internships.
· Demonstrated experience using 3D printing as a tool to solve complex problems.
· CAD experience is required
· Knowledge of the Aerospace industry is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:__
· Conventional manufacturing, Statistical process control, Quality control, Data logistics
· Advanced CAD capability
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and technical communication skills including image communication.
· Ability to create sequential manufacturing plans
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Engineering skill set knowledge, to involve appropriate key resources when required
· Ability to assess technical risk/challenge as they arise
· Able to coordinate across multiple sites, functions and time zones
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Title: Applications Engineer
Requisition ID: 180000GH