Lockheed Martin Advanced CNC Machinist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
Create efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM
Ability to program 3D toolpaths
Program, set-up and run full 5 axis mills and routers
Advanced knowledge of GD&T
Advanced knowledge of material properties and machining characteristics
Able to select appropriate cutting tools for programmed operations
Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut
Able to set up CNC equipment using best shop practices
Able to operate manual machine shop equipment
Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Advanced knowledge of machine shop inspection tools
More than 5 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools
Typically has 5 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Ability to create efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM Ability to program 3D toolpaths.
• Ability to program, set-up and run 3-5 axis machining centers.
• Advance Knowledge of GD&T.
•Advanced knowledge of material properties and machining characteristics.
•Able to select appropriate cutting tools for programmed operations.
•Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
•Ability to set up CNC equipment using best shop practices.
•Ability to operate manual machine shop equipment.
•Advanced knowledge of machine shop inspection tools.
•More than 5 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools.
• Experience with reading and understanding engineering drawings and process specifications or procedures.
• Familiarity with Visual Enterprise Complex Assembly Manufacturing Solution (VE-CAMS), SAP, Enterprise Electronic Data and Management System (EPDM).
• Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI), Manufacturing Process Specifications (MPS), Parts, Materials and Process Engineering (PMP) experience.
Helpful but not required:
• Graduate from an accredited technical institution with an Associate degree in machining technology
• Wire EDM programming and operation
• Operation of manual Jig Bores
• Experience machining aerospace composites
• Experience with Catia and Vericut software
• Experience with MAZAK and DMG 5-Axis Machines
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.