Universal Forest Products Residential Design Supervisor in Lafayette, Colorado
The Residential Design Supervisor is responsible for overseeing design and estimating of roof and floor trusses as well as wall panels for residential projects, according to architectural and structural plans. As a working supervisor, some truss and panel design will be necessary at times. The position is also responsible for the training and development of employees within the team. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; some creativity and latitude is expected; works under the supervision of a manager.
- Oversees the design team and ensures the team provides a detailed accurate design.
- Works with outsourced design team by sending jobs to be completed, checking those projects for accuracy once completed, and providing feedback to help them evolve.
- Ensure the team provides drawings and submits new projects for approval.
- Communicates effectively with internal team members and UFP customers to hit deadlines.
- Schedules bids and orders under designers and tracks due dates and deadlines.
- Provides problem-solving solutions using Building Codes and product information.
- Responsible for overseeing training and development of all designers in the department.
- Generates individual evaluations and departmental reports based on performance evaluations.
- Coaches and counsels team employees.
- Develops procedures and focuses on their implementation to achieve departmental goals.
- Manages the activity of the design team while finding ways to motivate individual team members to maximize individual/team productivity and growth.
- Resolves various problems while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluates performance of individuals and department.
- Manages activities consistent with all UFP policies, procedures, and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and management as required.
- Manages cost and profitability of the department.
- Prepares reports and maintains records as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled