DCP Midstream Plant Operator in Kersey, Colorado
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Our plant operators are like air traffic controllers. They monitor the flows, pressures and specifications of our natural gas processing plants. Our operators remotely and manually quarterback the safe and reliable performance of our operations, overseeing daily plant goals of 60 mmcf/d up to 750 mmcf/d
Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Operates plant facilities’ various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance
- Perform lock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA
- High school degree or GED
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- 2 years previous operations experience in a gas processing facility
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status
Title: Plant Operator
Requisition ID: 18000776