Lockheed Martin Orion Production and Operations Contract (OPOC) Project Engineer in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Description: The LM Space Human Space Exploration Orion Program team is seeking a new team member who thrives working in fast-paced environment to serve as a Project Engineer Sr Staff. We’re looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm in driving program-level implementation of efficient project management, affordability and streamlining initiatives, and disciplined and effective solutions to complex program issues. The Project Engineer plays a key role in the successful execution of the Orion Design, Development, Test and Evaluation (DDT&E) contract and Production and Operations Contract (OPOC) and functions in several roles requiring flexibility to meet a variety of tasking across all awarded missions within the contract. The candidate will help identify and understand opportunities, navigate complex issues, coordinate reviews and reporting, manage actions to closure, advise on pertinent topics, and manage the DDT&E and OPOC proposal response activities through their lifecycle. This position may be responsible for the coordination of structured improvement activities and managing execution of actions that come out of those activities as well as implementing and leading change in processes and people.
In this role you will support the Orion Program Management Office with the following primary areas of focus:
• Management and oversight for proposals
o Function as the key integrator between all functions during proposal development
o Drive timely proposal development to meet or exceed proposal schedules
• Serve as NASA customer counterpart for critical change activities.
• Coordinates with other Lines of Business or Business Areas as appropriate to enable cross business efficiencies.
• Engage with program management, engineering, production, and planning personnel to perform a gap analysis and identify potential execution risks or opportunities.
• Provide “hands-on” assistance to establish processes and business rhythms associated with all new business / customer driven change packages. Tasks may include but are not limited to: create CONOPs/program management and other technical plans/documents, program review boards and management reviews (both LM internal and NASA customer).
• Drive affordability and program performance improvement through streamlined processes and shared best practices
• Evaluate project activities for streamlined implementation.
• Actively lead efforts to simplify program operations and maintain positive relationships
• Ability to build effective relationships with multiple functions and levels of leadership
• Accountable for projects/deliverables and able to translate strategy into reality
• Previous proposal, BOE, Negotiations experience
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure with all levels of Leadership
• Strong general written and oral communications skills including presentation development and project or program management
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Self-motivated full-spectrum individual with strong desire to demonstrate outstanding performance in all assignments
• Change agent – ability to drive for change including technical, cultural and organizational.
• Persistence – maintain focus on goals even when faced with resistance or changing landscapes.
• Knowledge of Lean Principals
• Ability to manage/execute multiple projects at one time
• Ability to develop and present programs to the SLT
• Command Media/Process Improvement experience
• Ability to perform research and analysis, synthesize results, present findings and offer recommendations
• Agile mindset that can operate from strategic to tactical
• Self-starter and able to operate with minimal guidance
• Demonstrated experience in working across functional and program organizations
• Experience analyzing and modifying business processes
• Demonstrated strong coordination in planning, integration and completion of projects.
• Demonstrated strong Systems Thinking and Lean Thinking.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to lead effective teams
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.