Lockheed Martin Master Program Planner Senior Manager in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Program Planning leadership team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Highlands Ranch, CO seeks a Master Program Planner Senior Manager to support our mission on the Orion Program. If you love all things Space and are excited about the prospect of working on NASA contracts focused on sending humans into Space, then the Orion program would like to meet you. You will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, enjoys diverse challenges, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to foster collaboration and teamwork to generate impactful results. In this role, you will partner with the Program Management Office to provide insight and guidance on schedule related topics and will lead a team of Program Planners who develop, maintain and analyze the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), which incorporates contractual scope, workflow logic, and resources required to execute the program. Additionally, you will manage various activities for programs and proposals within the Orion program including both the development (DDT&E) and production (OPOC) contacts.
Summary of Key Duties:
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the Integrated Master Schedules
• Provide actionable data for the Program based on critical path & risk analyses
• Coordinate giver/receivers and facilitate workaround planning when needed
• Drive program control, analyses and forecasting in support of program business rhythm
• Provide guidance to Program Management in the application of Earned Value
• Communicate schedule impacts and develop corrective action proposals
• Interface with Program Management and Customer teams on schedule related topics
• Partner with the Finance organization to ensure cost/schedule integration
• Ensure compliance to the customer’s Earned Value Management Processes
• Manage employee assignments, priorities, training and development
• Provide coaching and feedback to employees to include performance reviews
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of planning team deliverables
• Model Full Spectrum Leadership and build partnerships with cross-functional teams
• Develop and maintain a team culture of accountability and inclusion
• Keep Leadership informed, and brief Customer and Executive Team as required
• Support Leadership in development and implementation of planning strategies
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Minimum of 5 years of prior leadership and change management experience
• Experience as a Program Planning Lead on complex programs (i.e. complex spacecraft product; large, virtual team; dynamic work environment; challenging customer; high dollar value)
• Extensive experience supporting projects with Earned Value requirements
• Strong understanding of the Program Performance Management (PPM) Process
• Experience interpreting critical path and risk analyses
• Strong understanding of the end-to-end lifecycle of a spacecraft program
• Understanding Lockheed Martin's PPM processes
• Proposal experience with an understanding of the pursuit process
• Knowledge of planning tools such as Microsoft Project, Acumen and One Pager
• Understanding of Agile planning techniques
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with attention to detail and quality
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Experience managing multiple projects with cross functional teams
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers
• Self-starter able to operate with minimal guidance
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
Join us. Let’s do Space!
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.